“Warner Bros. Home Entertainment provided me with a free copy of the DVD I reviewed in this Blog Post. The opinions I share are my own.”
The Westworld Season One: The Maze 4K UltraHD and Blu-ray package recently came to stores on November 7, and it is an impressive collectible that packs a lot within its metal casing. With a bold and provocative red tin package, it stands out among even the largest disc collections.The set completes compete with six discs, three 4K UltraHD Blu-Ray’s and three regular Blu-Rays, so sharing the series with a friend is even easier, especially if you don’t think you’ll be getting the extra set back. The quality of the 4K UltraHD stuns if your tech is up to speed, but with the show’s gorgeous cinematography it is likely to come across as magical on any screen.
In the package, you’ll also find a Delos Corporate Guidebook, which invites the viewer to become more than just an audience, but a participant in the Westworld experience as a new Delos employee. The most remarkable thing about the guidebook is the link it directs you to go to for contact. ‘For any other questions about our corporate policies, feel free to contact us at discoverwestworld.com’ reads the link. What you’ll want to do input this link on your browser. This is where the real fun is to be had if you have already blazed through the season.
The website is meant to have prospective guests fill out an application to visit the Westworld experience, however, as you will quickly notice, the site glitches, adding to the already collapsing world. What this site does is create an expanded universe, reaching beyond the original Westworld book and movie and even the HBO series. It’s easy to be sucked down this vortex and snoop around in files the Delos company would rather not have been made public.
Also included in this package is a form to receive a digital copy of the series, which is great for anyone who watches this on a computer or internet-enabled device (meaning everyone). The code is redeemable on the Warner Bros. website, so now you technically have three copies of the season, or one for you and the other two for friends.
There are plenty of features accompanying the 10 episodes. Jonah Nolan and Lisa Joy, two of the creators give an inside look to the madness that goes into Westworld’s expansive storytelling. For opening credit nerds, there is even a featurette for you. A gag reel, the 2017 comic con panel, a set visit, music featurette exploring Ramin Djawadi’s incredible score, an in-depth look into the narrative and crash course on artificial intelligence can all be found throughout the discs.
CONTENT AND SPECIAL FEATURES:
- ALL 10 one-hour episodes
- Inside Look with Jonah Nolan and Lisa Joy – Season One (New Featurette)
- Imagining the Main Title (New Featurette)
- The Key to The Chords (New Featurette)
- 2017 Comic Con Panel (New)
- Gag reel (New)
- Welcome to Westworld
- Crafting the Narrative
- An Invitation to The Set
- Welcome to Westworld: About the Series
- Reality of A.I.: Westworld
- “The Big Moment” Featurettes
4K BLU-RAY SPECS:
- 6-Discs (3 BD-100s / 2 BD-50s / 1 BD-25)
- BD Audio: English, Japanese, French Parisian, Castilian Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese
- BD Subtitles: English, French, Japanese, Dutch, Korean, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Latin Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish
The Westworld: Season One 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo-Pack is available for $64.99. It may be a little pricey for some, bt with the holidays quickly approaching, it would make for an incredible gift.
At the time of this posting (November 16, 2017) the set is on sale for $32.99.
Westworld Cast and Characters:
- Evan Rachel Wood as Dolores Abernathy
- Thandie Newton as Maeve Millay
- Jeffrey Wright as Bernard Lowe
- James Marsden as Teddy Flood
- Ingrid Bolsø Berdal as Armistice
- Luke Hemsworth as Ashley Stubbs
- Sidse Babett Knudsen as Theresa Cullen
- Simon Quarterman as Lee Sizemore
- Rodrigo Santoro as Hector Escaton
- Angela Sarafyan as Clementine Pennyfeather
- Shannon Woodward as Elsie Hughes,
- Ed Harris as the Man in Black
- Anthony Hopkins as Robert Ford
- Ben Barnes as Logan
- Clifton Collins Jr. as Lawrence / El Lazo
- Jimmi Simpson as William
- Tessa Thompson
- Talulah Riley as Angela
- Louis Herthum as Peter Abernathy